Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2005

we went skiing

more accurately, mom went skiing, dad did a bit of snowboarding, and i had a nap, cried, ate, cried, had a nap .....and generally prevented dad from writing his sermon or having a nap himself. mom had a fantastic time, even though she left me behind in the lodge. i didn't mind all that much - the light was very bright outside with the sun reflecting off the snow and it was a bit chilly for my liking.

it was a bit of a squash getting a snowboard, a pair of skis, two pairs of boots, my stroller and diaper bag and changes of clothes for everyone into the back of the car. i think we'll need to get a roofrack or a bigger car soon, especially if mom and dad are going to make a habit of this. i need to take more toys with me next time, and perhaps a book or two to read. a more comfortable chair than my stroller would be good too if i'm going to be stuck in it all day. it might be prudent to take along a bit of extra food for me too - i could get hungry being at altitude.

when it comes to travelling i think i take after my mom. being prepared means taking everything i might possibly need - and i'll keep thinking of things to take until every last square inch of space has been filled.

No comments: