Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2005

ipod strolling

ipod strolling. the urban parent has many tools in their armory. a night-time stroll in the vancouver drizzle is sometimes the only one that works when i scream and shout and moan and groan and cry and generally express unhappiness. dad put the U2 collection on shuffle, and off we went. this morning i was fabulous kid whom everyone adored. i stared joyously and inquisitively, I sang the songs in church, I showed off my perfectly formed dimples in broad grins, I blew cute bubbles and dribbled on various people’s clothing. I enjoyed hanging out with the penas from mexico city. what a great sunday. tonight I’m not quite so fabulous, so after trying everything that ever calms me down, a stroll in the rain was quite simply the only way to give mom some peace. hopefully after a good feed I’ll enjoy the peace and tranquility of my wonderful cot, and sleep for a few hours at least.

for dad’s version of the stroll, read city of blinding lights :)

No comments: