Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

late night visitor

i've had a wobbly front tooth for a long time now...ever since i crashed head first into a railing last summer. the dentist was a bit worried it might all get a bit yucky, but other than a rather wonky gap between my teeth there was no problem except a wobble.

mr crisp had a 'lost tooth' chart for the kindergarten kids last term, and lots of my classmates had teeth fall out before christmas...but not me...i STILL just had a wobbly tooth......

but yesterday at teatime there was something really crunchy about my toast! i opened my mouth and found i was trying to eat my own tooth. that's GROSS!

Mom helped me clean it up, and we put it under my pillow in a little red envelope. When i went to sleep, i put my arm under my pillow to make a little space for the tooth fairy to get in. Good job she's so small and not frightened of tigers.

Next thing i knew, it was 5.30am and Ollie was screaming. He'd fallen out of bed, but managed to get his leg stuck in the process, so he was dangling from his bed upside down. Mom came in and rescued him, but by that point i was wide awake.

I looked under my pillow and found a super-shiny dollar coin AND a lego race car that glows in the dark. I was far too excited to go back to sleep so i got up really quietly and went and made my lego car in the kitchen. Of course after doing that much construction work i was pretty hungry, so then i made myself some breakfast before turning on the TV. I'm getting pretty self-sufficient in the mornings these days.

still - i can't wait for my next tooth to fall out. i think i'm going to get three presents next time.

No comments: