Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Overdose of Chinese Food

So how much MSG is good for a 2-year old? Dad's saturday inspiration was a trip to Tang's Noodle House for family lunch. Ollie played the game with some neat timing between sleeps and feed. I woke a little leisurely at 2.30pm, but lunch specials are served to 4pm so we're good. Chicken with green beans, Chicken with ginger and pineapple .. it was a chicken day. Apologies to the entire church who will be knocked out by sopwith family garlic breath tomorrow.

We like Tang's. They haven't decorated in 15 years, and the signs are looking a little tired. But you don't get to survive in the cut-throat competition of West Broadway restaurants without serving decent tucker. It's good mid-range Chinese food and at 5.95 for a lunch special including soup and tea, served by friendly family types who do a great job. Sometimes 2 portions serves 3 of us for 2 meals!

Today we had the bonus of a view of the diggy bobs from the window, although they were "sleeping" - they work for the city of Vancouver, and it's saturday. I enjoyed making the world think I'm cute, sitting in our window-side street level table, rhythmically drumming on the table with my chopsticks, smiling and waving at random passers-by, and even doing a real cute pose for a photographer while I chomped on a fortune cookie. He gave me two thumbs up – the international sign for "looking dead cool in my photo, dude". I'm great.

The food was amazing, so I ate a lot, and dad and mom are thinking the MSG may have affected me a little – read the next post!

Oh, if you were wondering, the fortune cookie said "you will receive an unexpected gift today". To be honest it was a little unexpected to find myself chewing paper when I thought I was eating a cookie. hmmm

No comments: