Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 03, 2006

normal service required

when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is rattle the bars on my cage (well, actually the gate across my bedroom door). if it's before 5.45am, this rapidly summons a parent who sends me straight back to bed to do more sleeping, if it's 7.00am a somewhat amazed looking parent emerges with a bottle of milk remarkably quickly. this might have something to do with the whole night's sleep they just had. more normally there is not much response at all. at this point I shout a little to remind them I'm here, Greg and Andrea love that, as their bedroom is just above me.

this morning I was somewhat surprised to discover it was Donna who answered my early morning call. I think I led her through the routine pretty well. my bottle leaked a bit, but tasted good, and she was happy to respond to my call for 'book'. we unloaded the dishwasher, and I told her whose mug was whose, and where stuff went. I got the milk for her for her cup of tea, we played trains and she did pretty good for a girl.

it was kind of weird mom and dad weren't around. Roxanne soon appeared to take me out for the day. being a fully qualified mom, she remembered to take all the things I really need for a good day out. a change of clothes so I could go puddle jumping (I taught Katrina a thing or two), my sleeping bag and Hobbes so I could nap, and my bouncy castle was already installed at her house. we had loads of fun – I was far too busy to talk to dad when he called, and even went to Science World in the afternoon where there were loads of buttons to press and things to play with.

when we finally got home, mom and dad were back with baby oliver. they all looked almost as tired as me, so they must have had a busy day too. oliver had got me a couple of presents – he must have known it was my birthday.

thanks for looking after me Donna and Roxanne, you're my friends.

No comments: