Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 27, 2006

phrases dad never thought he'd use

"now we don't throw toast-racks, do we?"

i surprised dad with my python-style surrealism. we were playing in the lovely sun-drenched (ish) family room, and i tipped my tortilla chip crumbly bits all over the floor. it was a good thing, cos the floor REALLY needed a sweep. so dad asks me ever so politely, "please joel could you go and get your dustpan and brush" i toddled off, leaving mom and dad looking at each other going .. "wow, did he really understand that?" (i understand WAY more than they know! and just because they don't understand my 3 fluent languages, doesn't mean i don't understand their two: english and canadian)

anyhow, i toddled off to the kitchen where i store my dustpan and brush for playing and occasional sweeping. they would be really impressed if i brought it back and helped. but just for laughs i found the chrome toastrack and brought it back ceremonially with a large grin on my face, to much giggling from the 'rents. the throwing incident happened later - i like throwing things, especially noisy, bouncy things.

2 comments:

MattCrossman said...

... and a drummer is born

Joel said...

dad really really needs to post some video of me playing my homemade drumset - i don't know how to post videos. a drummer is not only born, but getting real good at playing with real drumsticks .. boom boom crash tss tss tss