Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2005

tim's birthday

we all went on an adventure to Bowen Island to celebrate Tim's birthday: me, mom, dad, Tim and Lissa. not everything went entirely to plan - after nothing but blue skies for months it was a bit cloudy. definitely not hot enough for Lissa to go swimming in the sea, although i did put my toes in for a few seconds. the beach was great though - covered in pebbles that looked just like the lumps of rice cake i have on my high chair tray. i did my best to bite into each one just to check there wasn't any rice cake hiding. tim threw rocks at a tree trunk, and then at some ducks which i didn't think was very kind. my mommy's taught me to treat ducks with the respect they deserve. maybe they don't have ducks in australia so timmy's mommy didn't teach him when he was little?

we went and had the traditional birthday fish and chips at the pub, even though it wasn't sunny on the deck. once we'd sent the food back to the kitchen to be reheated it was OK. the chowder was yummy anyway, and dad had a great looking nut pie, even though there wasn't any ice cream with it. the ferry home was a bit late, so we missed out on a sunset cruise. timmy was too tired anyway and fell asleep even quicker than me. birthday's must be very hard work. i'm not sure i'm looking forward to mine.

1 comment:

Timbo said...

I have been feeling guilty about the ducks since that day. I didn't really mean to hit the ducky honest! Chucking yonnies was fun though! And it was great to have a beer with my favourite Joel on my birthday!