Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 29, 2005

ten months old


so what's new?

i've got teeth, which i brush sometimes.
i've got hair, which has never seen a brush but may need to see scissors sometime soon.
i've got a new means of transport - still mom powered but it goes a bit faster than my stroller.
i've put on weight: i now weigh 24-25 pounds - mom's not exactly sure which because i was wriggling rather on the bathroom scales.
i've worked out how to sit up from lying on my tummy.
i can sit on a little chair and eat a snack.
i can pull myself up to kneeling using the edge of the sofa.
i can pull myself up to standing using the bars on my crib.
i haven't yet worked out how to sit down again.

i like eating .. a lot ... all the time! tuna and cauliflower join the ranks of favourites alongside pear, mum mums, apricot and rice pips. all stuff i can feed myself now.
i like playing ball: playing footie with dad, or catch with mom.
i like watching the weather forecast.
i like tiger wrestling, and almost always win.
i like splashing dad with my washcloth in the bath.
i like unpacking my crate of clothes.
i like unpacking the crate of plastic boxes and trying to find the right lids.
i like unpacking the CDs from their rack.
i like opening and closing doors.
i like removing the books from the bookcase.
i like removing the used diapers from the bin, but mom doesn't like me doing that.


so what's old?
i've outgrown the exersaucer.
i'm pretty much too big for my jolly jumper.
i don't shake my head 'no' all the time.
i don't stay still for two minutes unless i'm asleep.
i don't want to start the day at 5am. 6.15am is early enough.

No comments: