Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2005

dad's birthday

i helped dad open his cards first thing, and then i helped him eat his breakfast. i rather enjoy eating other people's food at the moment, it's so much better than mine. if necessary i chase them around the apartment until they surrender and sit down, at which point i either pull myself up on their legs, or just sit and beg until they feed me. it generally works although mom's getting sneaky and keeping bits of rice cake in her pocket and she gives me that instead.

i can be distracted, but only with REALLY good toys, like the telephone or the remote control for the TV. I'm getting quite adept with this, and study the TV screen avidly whilst pressing the buttons.

anyway.....back to dad's birthday. we tried to have a picnic lunch on Kits beach, but it started raining, so we retired home to watch an episode of Alias on DVD that mom had miraculously acquired from somewhere. dad got a night off giving me my bath, so mom got a good soaking instead. after all my crawling and investigating i was really quite tired, so i went to sleep straight away at 7pm, and mom and dad went off to Calhouns for dinner. uncle greg came and checked on me during the evening but i didn't feel much like talking so i did a really convincing job of pretending to be asleep.

No comments: