Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallowe'en

maybe it's because they don't like pumpkin (roasted, in pie or otherwise). maybe it's because no one dishes out free english chocolate, it's all nasty canadian stuff that i can't eat, and they won't. perhaps they just don't like getting dressed up in fancy dress, although mom's doing a good impression of a very fed up, fat person who's clothes won't do up any more. either way, like the truly serving parents they really are, they dressed me up in my fireman's outfit and we hit the streets. actually we went out in the car, since mom can barely walk, but we visited church where i impressed the crowds with my ability to throw rubber chickens, not to mention my skills on the putting green. from there we went to Dunbar Heights church where i got to throw vegetables, something i've had plenty of practise at, although these were plastic. they tried to make me stand very close to the target until they saw just how lethal my throwing arm was. at this point it was time to come home to bed, where i emptied out my bag of goodies and spent some time wandering around the house, trying to decide where to put them. i've never had my own stash of candy before. i know all the places mom hides her's, but it's no good using one of those places is it!

No comments: