Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2005

i've got a routine

no, not a dance routine, a life routine. mom seems to think that's quite impressive, so i thought i'd tell you about it.
6.30am i wake up. sometimes a little earlier (or today at 5.15am a lot earlier), not often later. i lie in bed and read my book on my own for a while (the antics of cheeky monkey) and then after about 20 minutes or so i really fancy a nice cup of tea. i call mom in from her bedroom, but so far she's only given me milk.
after i've had my milk, and had my diaper changed, it's time to play for a while. despite my covetous glances neither parent has yet deigned to share their tea or toast with me. at around about 8-8.30am it's time for a nap.
9am and time for my real breakfast. some pureed fruit and rice cereal. apple and cinnamon is nice, and i seem to have pears quite often. after breakfast i have my diaper changed again, and i roll around naked on the bathroom floor while mom's in the shower.
11am is snack time. more milk for me.
by 12 or 12.30pm i'm ready for a snooze. this may well be in the stroller if mom's taken me out shopping. we seem to go out to the greengrocers a lot.
1pm and it's time for lunch. i REALLY like lunch. how does lamb and apricot, with sweet potato, peas and carrots sound to you? this might be followed by some apple and apricot, or avocado and banana ( or both) and a couple of rice rusks. if i really yell mom will keep feeding me fruit until i stop leaning forward and opening my mouth wide. it's pretty cool the way this unlimited supply of food goes from the freezer into the microwave. we get to do this countdown thing while we wait for the microwave pings. i'm getting good at counting as well as getting fed: three....two....one....
3pm milk time again. i know. it's probably only an hour since i finished lunch, but if i don't eat now it'll be nap time again, and i wouldn't want to miss out on a meal.
4pm - after my afternoon snooze, and it's probably time for a bounce in my Jolly Jumper. if dad's home he might play aeroplanes with me.
5pm is time for tea. more fruit and rice cereal. pear and blueberry stains very well, and tastes good too. after tea i sit in my chair and practice drinking out of my sippy cup. sometimes i get a mouthful of water which makes me choke. but not very often.
after tea mom might read me a story if dad's had to go to work. Baby Boo is my favourite. mom and i got to read it 12 times in a row yesterday. as soon as we got to the last page i turned back to the beginning again. i'm getting well practised at turning over one page at a time, and i usually hold the book the right way up too. if i'm really tired and not done too well at napping during the day, mom might put on my Baby Bach video.
6.15pm is bathtime. this is an ever-evolving festival of fun. dad's latest trick is torpedo ducks. after i've pulled the plug out dad carefully positions a rubber duck over the plughole. one gentle tap on the side of the duck and whoosh it torpedos to the surface. it's very very very very funny. so funny i sometimes forget to breathe. that's not so funny.
6.45pm and i'm in my PJs and sleeping bag ready for my final milk of the day. actually that's a joke. you don't think i'd go 12 hours without eating do you? by 7 or 7.15pm i'll have finished my bottle and be in bed with Hey Hey the monkey and Gerhard the tiger. sometimes i sing myself to sleep. sometimes i cry. sometimes i refuse to sleep at all. very occasionally i just lie down and go to sleep. i only do this to confuse the parents who are waiting for me to start snoring before they cook their dinner.
actually calvin paints a good picture of bedtime .. and he goes to bed with a tiger too. interesting.
10.30pm and time for my midnight feast. just milk and a few mouthfuls of tiger fur to keep me going until morning. grrrrr zzzzzzzz

No comments: