Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2005

obeying my father

Life's been pretty busy recently. The builders have come back to finish my playroom - i hope mom lets me make as much noise and mess in there as they are, we've been to see a financial advisor, done some shopping and had at least half a dozen of my friends round every Thursday afternoon for a few weeks now. All in all, i've been so tired i decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. For a few nights i decided to skip my midnight feast. It was a tough choice to make, only eating once between midnight and 6am, but i managed it for a while. The only real problem is mom and dad. They were SO pleased with me and SO happy when i did finally wake up that i've realised i was depriving them not only of my company in the night but also of giving mom the opportunity to feed me and dad the opportunity to change my diaper.

Regretfully then i've decided to put their needs before my own, and have reverted to my three times a night habit. anything to make mom happy, that's what dad told me to do.

5 comments:

tommy : s said...

joel, my son. please be advised that the size and intensity of the smile is directly proportional to the amount of sleep that precedes it.

one feed/change a night would be just fabulous ... or dare we suggest it, none? don't let us confuse you with our excitement.

tommy : s said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Timbo said...

Joel, you truly are a model of self-sacrificial deference to others, but here's a challenge: I say turn it up a notch and bless your parents with 4 feeds/changes a night!

Joel said...

i'm so glad i'm going away for the weekend with you Tim, you understand :) I'll be seeing you at 11.30pm then, and 1.30am, 3.15am, 5.30am, and we'll both be ready to start the day at 7, right?

Timbo said...

gah... :(