Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Terry Fox Run



Today was the 30th anniversary of the Terry Fox Run, to raise money for cancer research. I really, really didn't want to do this. I thought we were going to have to run all the way from Jericho beach to Stanley park - which is a LONG way. I did my best to persuade mom and dad to let me stay home today, but it was no good. They did say they'd come with me though, so that was almost a win :)

When the time came my teacher did a really good job of explaining where we go going to run, how long it would take, what we needed to do if we wanted to overtake someone, what to do if we got tired and needed to walk for a bit. In fact after everything had been explained i couldn't wait to get started.

The photo is of me and my friend racing ahead of everyone else during the first lap...after a couple more laps i was in the lead all on my own!

Mom only ran one lap with me because she got busy breaking up a fight between two of the bigger kids, but dad stepped up to do my last lap with me.

Despite my initial misgivings, it was FUN!

No comments: