Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's day

Valentine's is BIG business in canada. it's a little bit confusing, because my soccer coach is called valentinos, and so i thought he was having a birthday party with a soccer ball cake, but apparently that's not the case.

I had a special envelope at school as a mailbox for all the valentines my classmates gave me. we had to give a card to everyone in the class or no one. mom didn't want to help me make 18 cards (plus 2 for the teachers) so we settled for none. i did get some interesting ones though: a spiderman one wishing me a 'webful of excitement', a barbie one and a cars one, as well as hearts and flowers and mushy stuff. we even had to colour a heart at school as a valentine's for our moms.

mom and i went to the library in the afternoon and i had my backpack with me containing mom's card. someone's granny stopped to talk to me while i was doing some computing, so i took the card out of my bag and gave it to her. she asked if she was meant to keep it and of course i said yes. my card is now proudly displayed on a granny's fridge. it's the first valentine's card she's had for years, and it made her very happy. i told mom the old lady looked as if she needed something to make her happy because she looked a bit sad, and i can always make mom another one if she wanted.

No comments: