Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 17, 2006

we're expecting

Mom's not been all that much fun recently. She just lies on the sofa groaning, and occasionally sticking her head in a bucket, which looks kind of funny. The explanation for this odd behaviour is that she's expecting on my birthday. I'm expecting my birthday too - I'm expecting jelly and icecream, and mashed banana sandwiches and chocolate cake and lots of other yummy stuff - but to be frank October is a long way away so i'm not sure why mom is making such a fuss right now. It's not like she has to make me all that stuff today. Perhaps i'll go and try and drag her off the sofa again. Failing that, using her as a climbing frame seems to be quite an effective way of getting her attention at the moment.

3 comments:

Ed Marsh said...

Congratulations Joel! That'll be a great birthday surprise!

I was born during my sister's 2nd birthday party - not sure she's ever forgiven me but it certainly a surprise!

Lots of love
Ed, Deb and Isaac

P.S. We're expecting number two too... End Sept.

Anonymous said...

Could it be twins second time around?
love Sue Bullen, UK

Joel said...

hey sue - do you know something we don't? mom says if it IS twins then you'll have to come out and be our resident expert for a while. you'd be OK with that wouldn't you?