Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 11, 2005

have you got my socks?

one of the highlights of our trip was a daytrip to Scotland to visit my new cousin. we flew with lots of very well dressed businessmen on a nice British AIrways plane from Bristol to Edinburgh. i particulary liked the leather seats - great for creating pools of drool on. anyway - i took my socks off to test the wind speed and direction, and i posted them between the seats so that the man sitting behind us could admire them. they were new stripey ones we'd bought in Bath a couple of days earlier, and were particularly stylish.

with all the excitement of meeting Uncle Alan's mom and dad for the first time, and installing my carseat in their car, it wasn't until we were on our way to Linlithgow that i realised i'd lost my socks :(

we gave Aunty Anna a HUGE surprise arriving on her doorstep. she had no idea we were coming. i got to test drive Ruaridh's stroller while we went for a walk along the canal, and then Uncle Alan met us in Sainsburys where we were buying curry for dinner. For some reason no one thought to put any curry on my plate so i helped myself to some of Aunty Anna's while she was feeding Ruaridh. Surely it can't be good for the poor chap to have curry flavoured milk?


when we flew home again in the evening mom checked lost property at the airport, but we were flying on a different plane and nobody had seen my socks. mom seemed more concerned that due to the very heavy rain our flight was possibly going to be diverted to Cardiff. i was quite looking forward to visiting England, Scotland and Wales on the same day but i suppose it would have been quite inconvenient to have my car seat in one country and the car in another. particularly when you've lost your socks. not to mention the fact that it was past my bedtime, i was wearing my PJs and mom didn't think to bring my coat. but that's another story.....

No comments: